Overview of AngularJS
A completely free framework like Angular helps to use HTML as a template language, creates RICH Internet Application and offers its developers a client-side application. Besides, this framework also enables the extending of HTML’s syntax. More importantly, AngularJS Developers have the advantage of eliminating much of the code that has to be written, thanks to data binding and dependency injection of AngularJS.
With the use of this framework, a complete client-side solution is provided cohesively. Data binding, basic templating directives, validation, routing, deep linking and reusable components, all come as a set. Furthermore, the features play a major role in its easy usability. Some of them constitute scope, controller, services, filters, directives, templates, routing, etc. Setting aside the security aspect, AngularJS offers many advantages and has risen in its popularity.
Reasons for the popularity of AngularJS
- It is possible to structure the source code by following the Model View ViewModel or Model-View-Controller.
- The two-way data binding greatly lessens the amount of boilerplate code which is written to keep the model and view in agreement.
- Designers and web developers can work parallelly, as HTML is used for templating. While Web designers can create user interfaces, the developers tie user interface components with data models by using declarative binding syntax.
- There is no necessity of using observable functions. Page DOM is analyzed, and the bindings are built on element attributes, in addition to AngularJS modifying the page DOM directly.
- As the AngularJS data models are Plain Old Java Object(POJO), it is simple to change or append properties without any complications.
- A data-based web app can be built without the need for relying on any other framework or plug-in. The reason being that the framework comes with a complete package.
- Unit testing is provided, and even the context based communication is supported. In addition, a project of any size can be easily handled.
AngularJS is ideal for enterprise development and this front end framework’s focus mainly lies on code quality and testability. Barring some minor issues, like in any other framework, this framework is really great for developers.